Tuesday, July 10, 2012

TSDayOut SE Ulu Kelang - ATV Adventure Park (Part 2)

When we actually reached the real starting point of the trail that we were going to follow, I was surprise.

It was a crazy rocky uphill trail. Some of those in front of me was actually struggling to move up. We lined up and I was sweating abit (from the heat, of couse :P) but knowing that it won't be an easy one, I kept my camera into the bag and get myself ready.

True enough, it was not easy. But getting up there is not hard either. The bike would slide to the side every now and then and one must really focus to get it right.As the saying goes, the first step is the hardest. Soon, I was riding the quadbike (i prefer calling the ATV as quadbike) as though I am born to ride one. The feeling was awesome!

After getting more experience, I start taking out my cameras to take photos. When my quadbike is idle, the 450D would come out. Tough 8010 would be around while I was moving.

Nigel going for a turn, Jess on the trail and awesome view of a grand tree along the trail

My instructor was Wan, the awesome instructor who gave the briefing earlier) and in my "group", there were the awesome trio, Nigel (of Food and Frame), Jenny and Jess (of Jessying). Wan was riding with Jenny and they were far ahead and I couldnt take much of their photo.

The awesome wheel (won me RM250 :P) and more of the trail

I didnt have a watch with me and thus, I didnt know how long it took for us to reach our destination, the Klang Gate Dam. Just before we reach this destination, there is a part of the trail that actually went downhill and it was very steep. Holding onto both brakes doesnt really help. the quadbike would continue to slide down (thanks to gravity) and it was unnvervingly awesome. If you have watched some cars drifting before, then the way you handle the quadbike is actually the same.

Hafeez and Rasyidi on their quad-bike, at our destination

At our destination, we were greeted by an awesome view of Klang Gate Dam. Usually, people would see it from high above, at Bukit Tabur but this view is a beauty of its own.

Click on the photo to see an awesome view of Klang Gate Dam

We took a rest here for about 20 minutes, taking photos with each other and of course, the awesome group photo by Nigel. Check his website if you want to see it.

Awesome group photos and while on the way back

After the rest, we move back to the park and later to the awesome Bread Ties for our late lunch (mine was peri-peri chicken which taste really really awesomely nice) and photo submission. I didnt really take much photo during this time because the ride back involve alot of downhill and I would be holding my two brakes 99% of the time and I was too tired and hungry to go around taking photos at Bread ties. Really sorry for that... 

But I must say thank you to Tourism Selangor for choosing one of my photos as one of the six best photo of this TSDayOut with the theme "Motion-Action". It was super awesome coz this is my first time winning a mini contest.

In the end, the element that make this DayOut super awesome is not just the ride, but the people that I met. Really happy to meet with all of you.

1 comment: